Monday, April 6, 2009

Earth Art

Let me begin by saying that I love earth art and Andy Goldsworthy is in my top 5 favorite artists. He is an artist and environmentalist who lives in Scotland. His work is created completely from the nature and he uses everything from leaves and twigs to snow and stone. While some of his works are permanent, most are not and change and decay over time. Thus, he takes photos of his work to show how they change with the seasons or weather. Some works, he had to re-do several times before he completed the project, because of environmental conditions. I highly recommend the documentary, Rivers and Tides, to understand how he creates his work. Here are a few examples, which I hope will encourage you to explore Goldsworthy's work more on your own....











1 comment:

  1. you should blog more often. this is the best blog in the world!

    ReplyDelete